Saturday, December 31, 2011

Contemplating 2012

I awoke at 5:30 on the last day of 2011, to the sound of the Cooking Channel on TV. I was watching old movies last night, and I fell asleep. I will have to catch the end of Little Women another evening. Anyway, all the chefs are making amazing breakfasts, so I am inspired to get up & whip up some yeast donuts (first time I use the dough hooks on the mixer) and some great scrambled eggs like my dad made us on Saturday mornings when I was a kid, with a little but of everything: potatoes, bologna, jalapeƱos, onions, cheese, and crumbled bacon. Then, I heat flour tortillas & make 2 burritos. Really good. The Neelys are drinking peach nectar with champagne, so I have some as well. My Paula Deen donuts taste more like bagels, so I only eat the donut holes. By the time my cooking spree is done, the kitchen is a mess--those TV chefs never have to clean up! It is after 1 when the kitchen is finally clean. I have to write my Resolutions, so I tune to a couple of past episodes of Joel Osteen for inspiration. I get dressed and walk my Beagle. Now it's 4:30 and time for him to eat & I have some Sesame noodles that I also whipped up this morning. I finish knitting a scarf I started weeks ago while listening to Tess of the D'Urbervilles on my iPhone. Now it is almost 10, but now I have my Resolutions down:
1. Exercise daily & lose 25 lbs. & continue daily walks with my Beagle;
2. Limit cooking & baking to 3 days a week & then stay out of kitchen!
3. Be creative in other areas at least 3 days a week, & rest Sunday;
4. Stay away from Fast Food--no more than once a week;
5. Continue to pray daily, but read my Bible and go to church more often;
6. Bond with people who appreciate me;
8. Use time wisely by planning & organizing;
9. Write more and read more; and
10. Sleep more!

No comments:

Post a Comment